1030 Cavendish Road Queensland 4122
CRICOS course code: 105676E
Level of study: Certificates & Diplomas
This qualification prepares people for jobs such as systems administrator, network manager, software developer, network support technician, ICT support technician, customer support professional, computer sales or help desk specialist.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have established specialised skills in a technical ICT function.
Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, as part of a team or leading a deliverable with others. They may apply their skills across a wide range of industries, business functions and departments, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
• advanced networking: configuring and managing virtual computing environments, and security within ICT networks
• advanced programming: applying intermediate and advanced programming skills, managing data and building advanced user interfaces to manage organisational requirements
• back end web development: developing and maintaining website information architecture and data
• business analysis: designing and implementing technical requirements, quality assurance processes and contingency plans for businesses
• cloud architecture: developing, improving and designing cloud infrastructure, including disaster recovery plans
• cloud engineering: building, implementing and managing cloud infrastructure and virtual networks
• cyber security: protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans
• database and data management: creating, designing and monitoring systems that store data and optimise organisational knowledge management
• front end web development: designing dynamic and complex websites, user experience solutions and documents using extensible mark-up languages
• game art and design: creating complex 2D and 3D modelling and animation software through scripts and storyboards
• game programming: creating complex 2D and 3D interactive games and media, building graphical user interfaces and applying artificial intelligence in game development
• systems administration: reviewing maintenance procedures and support to help troubleshoot system applications
• systems analysis: modelling and testing data objects, data processes and preferred ICT system solutions
• telecommunications network engineering: managing logistics, organisational specifications, regulations and legislative requirements across network projects.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
NETWORK SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
ICT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
HELP DESK SPECIALIST
Click here for more details on this course.
Australian Institute of Advanced StudiesBuilding L
• depending on upon the nationality of the student year 11 (Australian equivalent year 11) may be sufficient - please check with Australian institute of Advanced Studies prior to enrolment
• have completed at least an Australian year 12 equivalent
• must pass Australian institute of Advanced Studies’s internal LLN/English Placement test
English language proficiency level:
• student must provide evidence of attaining an overall IELTS score of 5.5 bands or equivalent scores on a similar test (such as TOEFL, PTE etc.); or student must have attained at least Upper Intermediate Level of English and must provide evidence of the same; or
• student must pass Australian institute of Advanced Studies’s relevant Internal English Placement Test