CRICOS course code: 089062F
Level of study: Career Based/Vocational
These courses prepare you for the fast-paced world of beauty and hairdressing by a balanced delivery of classroom based theory and practical experience of working on real clients in our busy inner-city clinic and salon.
The Diploma of Beauty SHB50115 is the highest level beauty accreditation available in Australia.
Students will develop enhanced skills in makeup application, aromatherapy and reflexology, nail treatments, advanced facial treatments, applying knowledge of nutrition, stone therapy massage, Indian head massage, skin science and cosmetic chemistry to beauty treatments and beauty therapy clinic management.
Sample Units of Competencies
Core Units (SHB50115)
- SHBBBOS002 Provide body massages
- SHBBBOS003 Provide body treatments
- SHBBFAS001 Provide lash and brow services
- SHBBFAS002 Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations
- SHBBFAS003 Provide specialised facial treatments
- SHBBHRS001 Provide waxing services
- SHBBMUP002 Design and apply make-up
- SHBBNLS001 Provide manicure and pedicare services
- SHBBRES001 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS001 Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXCCS002 Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS001 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
Elective Units (SHB50115)
- SHBBBOS004 Provide aromatherapy massages
- SHBBBOS005 Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments
- SHBBCCS002 Prepare personalised aromatic plant oil blends for beauty treatments
- SHBBSPA003 Provide stone therapy massages
- SHBBSPA004 Provide Indian head massages for relaxation
- BSBSMB304 Determine resource requirements for the micro business
- SHBBBOS001 Apply cosmetic tanning products
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- SHBBHRS002 Provide female intimate waxing services
- SHBBMUP003 Design and apply make-up for photography
- SHBBMUP004 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBSKS005 Provide microdermabrasion treatments
Vocational / Employment Outcome:
A beauty therapist, spa therapist, photographic make-up, cosmetic consultant, skin care specialist.
Click here for more details on this course.
Tuition Fees (AUD $):
19,900 for the entire course
Scheduled dates throughout the year
Brisbane School of Beauty
Level 3, 90-112 Queen Street
Queen Adelaide Building (Entrance via Adelaide Street or Burnett Lane)
Students must have satisfactorily completed Year 11 or equivalent certificate of senior secondary education.
They also must have an overall General IELTS score of 5.5; or equivalent. If your level of English is insufficient, a suitable course at one of our English colleges can be arranged.
George Street Campus
Level 6, 505 George Street
New South Wales
Similar course options