CRICOS course code: 092334E
Level of study: Certificates & Diplomas
This qualification reflects the role of hairdressers who use a range of well-developed sales, consultation and technical skills and knowledge to provide a broad range of hairdressing services to clients. They use discretion and judgment to provide client services and take responsibility for the outcomes of their own work.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a hairdresser in any industry environment, usually a salon.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Sample Units of Competencies
Core Units (SHB30416)
- BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SHBHBAS001 Provide shampoo and basin services
- SHBHCLS002 Colour and lighten hair
- SHBHCLS003 Provide full and partial head highlighting treatments
- SHBHCLS004 Neutralise unwanted colours and tones
- SHBHCLS005 Provide on scalp full head and retouch bleach treatments
- SHBHCUT001 Design haircut structures
- SHBHCUT002 Create one length or solid haircut structures
- SHBHCUT003 Create graduated haircut structures
- SHBHCUT004 Create layered haircut structures
- SHBHCUT005 Cut hair using over-comb techniques
- SHBHDES003 Create finished hair designs
- SHBHIND001 Maintain and organise tools, equipment and work areas
- SHBHIND003 Develop and expand a client base
- SHBHREF002 Straighten and relax hair with chemical treatments
- SHBHTRI001 Identify and treat hair and scalp conditions
- SHBXCCS001 Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXCCS002 Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXIND002 Communicate as part of a salon team
- SHBXWHS001 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
Elective Units (SHB30416)
- SHBHCUT006 Create combined haircut structures
- SHBHCUT007 Create combined traditional and classic men’s haircut structures
- SHBHDES004 Create classic long hair up-styles
- SHBHCUT011 Design and maintain beards and moustaches
- SHBXCCS004 Recommend products and services
- SHBHREF003 Straighten and relax hair with protein treatments
- SIRRINV001 Receive and handle retail stock
Click here for more details on this course.
15 January 2024
Gold Coast School of Hairdressing
Pivotal Point Towers
3/2 Nerang Street
15 January 2024
Brisbane School of Hairdressing
Level 3, 90-112 Queen Street
Queen Adelaide Building (Entrance via Adelaide Street or Burnett Lane)
Academic: Completion of Year 10 or equivalent.
English: IELTS 5.5 or equivalent (if the level of English is insufficient, a suitable course can be organized).
Age: At least 18 years of age.
George Street Campus
Level 6, 505 George Street
New South Wales
Similar course options