59-73 Meron Street Gold Coast Queensland 4215
CRICOS course code: 095619A
Level of study: Career Based/Vocational
The Certificate III in Commercial Cookery is an ideal entry level qualification for those wishing to embark on a rewarding career in commercial kitchens, gaining global employment opportunities.
52 weeks of Full-time study (20 hrs per week)
Not only are our courses the highest quality, with world class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
If that's not enough, our culinary students gain their practical skills within a 5 star kitchen at the Gold Coast Event Centre (Turf Club) and internship opportunities (unpaid) with our partner Restaurants, Clubs, Hotels and Event Centre.
Full-time (20 hrs per week)
The SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery is a full-time course with 20 hours per week of classroom delivery offered at our Barrington College Australia campus located in Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast.
Upon enrolment, you will receive a timetable outlining class times, meal breaks, training room allocations, name of your educator, course units and any practical placement information (if applicable).
• SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety (core)
• SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices (core)
• SITHKOP001 Clean kitchen premises and equipment (core)
• SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook (core)
• SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers (elective)
• SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment (core)
• SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery (core)
• SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads (core)
• SITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups (core)
• SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes (core)
• SITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes (core)
• SITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes (core)
• SITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes (core)
• SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements (core)
• SITHCCC019 Produce cakes, pastries and breads (core)
• SITHPAT006 Produce desserts (core)
• SITHKOP002 Plan and cost basic menus (core)
• SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items (core)
• BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices (core)
• SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks (elective)
• SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills (core)
• SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices (core)
• SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry (elective)
• BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others (core)
• SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol (elective)
Online learning platform
Click here for more details on this course.
Barrington College AustraliaSouthport Campus
English proficiency at an IELTS band score 5.5 or above or Upper Intermediate ELICOS Course Certificate from Australia or similar
Students must be over 18 years old
Satisfactorily completed year 12 or equivalent or gained substantial vocational work experience