Level 5, 33 York Street
Sydney New South Wales 2000
CRICOS course code: 088087E
Level of study: Associate Degrees or Equivalent
Introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, and provides training which emphasises application and practice of this story and message in the contemporary world.
Requires specialisation in disciplines by which knowledge of God is applied to guide Christian practice:
Integrates studies in the Bible and Christian tradition with practical experience and include supervised practice-based learning where appropriate.
Through elective units students can:
192 credit points over 2 years (F/T)
Units in this course are completed at Level 5 and above, including no more than 144cps at Level 5, and including at least 48cps at Level 6 or above.
Discipline knowledge and understanding
1. Demonstrate a wider range of knowledge of ‘Ministry’ as an academic discipline than the (Advanced) Diploma with particular attention to at least two fields of ‘Ministry and Practice’
2. Draw on biblical and theological foundations of Ministry
3. Apply the key spiritual and ethical implications of Ministry knowledge and understanding
Inquiry and analysis
3. Collect, summarize, and analyse information from standard biblical, theological and social scientific sources and scholarship in inquiry-based learning
Problem solving and integration
4. Construct evidence-based perspectives and responses to Ministry issues by using standard source materials and methods, especially in the discipline area of specialisation
5. Present key Ministry ideas, knowledge and principles to, and engage with, different audiences using a variety of formats
Teamwork and professional practice
7. Under supervision, apply key Ministry understanding in formal ministry contexts and the wider community
Engagement with the world
8. Engage with key challenges of contemporary Christianity, society and the wider world
Continuous learning and professional development
9. Demonstrate a capacity for reflection and learning to sustain personal and professional development in Christian life and ministry.
Maximum concurrent enrolment load: 60 cps.
Click here for more details on this course.
Brisbane School of Theology1 Cross Street
Malyon Theological College53 Prospect Road
Trinity College QueenslandLevel 1, 60 Bayliss Street
Queensland Theological College369 Boundary Street
Completion of Year 12 or equivalent
Previous Qualifications: Successful completion of a qualification at AQF Level 5 or above; OR
Demonstrate Academic Suitability for course: Test, Brief Essay, or Interview.
Language Qualifications for NESB: IELTS 6.5 overall with minimum of 6.0 in each subtest OR 10 years in Australia with English being the language primarily spoken both at home and work.