Level 5, 33 York Street
Sydney New South Wales 2000
CRICOS course code: 054716F
Level of study: Associate Degrees or Equivalent
Introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, and provides training which emphasises application and articulation of this story and message in the contemporary world.
The course will concentrate on the disciplines by which knowledge of God is developed and articulated:
A course in theology provides a grounding for ministry by establishing a foundation in theological knowledge and reflection.
Through elective units students can:
192 credit points over 2 years (F/T)
Units in this course are completed at Level 5 and above, including no more than 144cps at Level 5, and including at least 48cps at Level 6 or above.
Discipline knowledge and understanding
1.Demonstrate a wider range of knowledge of ‘Theology’ as academic discipline than the (Advanced) Diploma with particular attention to ‘Bible and Languages’ and ‘Christian Thought & History’
2. Apply the key spiritual and ethical implications of biblical and theological knowledge and understanding
Inquiry and analysis
3. Collect, summarise, and analyse information from standard biblical and theological sources and scholarship in inquiry based learning
Problem solving and integration
4. Construct evidence-based perspectives and responses to key biblical and theological issues by using standard source materials and methods
5. Present key biblical and theological ideas, knowledge and principles to, and engage with, different audiences using a variety of formats
Teamwork and professional practice
6. Under supervision, apply key biblical and theological understanding in formal ministry contexts and the wider community
Engagement with the world
7. Engage with the key challenges of contemporary Christianity, society and the wider world
Continuous learning and professional development
8. Demonstrate a capacity for reflection and learning to sustain personal and professional development in Christian life and ministry.
Maximum concurrent enrolment load: 60 cps
Click here for more details on this course.
Brisbane School of Theology1 Cross Street
Malyon Theological College53 Prospect Road
Queensland Theological College369 Boundary Street
Trinity College QueenslandLevel 1, 60 Bayliss Street
Completion of Year 12 or equivalent
Previous Qualifications: Successful completion of a qualification at AQF Level 5 or above; OR
Demonstrate Academic Suitability for course: Test, Brief Essay, or Interview.
Language Qualifications for NESB: IELTS 6.5 overall with minimum of 6.0 in each subtest OR 10 years in Australia with English being the language primarily spoken both at home and work.